- Based on the considerations of the Law No. 22 Year 2001, the National Development has to be directed to achieve the peoples prosperity by conducting the reformation of all fields of the nation and state based on the Pancasila and the Indonesian Constitution 1945.
- For Foreigners readers, I would like to inform that Pancasila is the five principles of the Indonesian people and State which is being used as the motto to unite the various ethnics and background culture found in Indonesia.
- Whereas the Indonesian Constitution 1945, was the Constitution which was established and agreed by the founding fathers of this Nation, during the period when Indonesia was formed after its Independent day.
- The oil and gas is the strategic nature resources which are non-renewable which is controlled by the State and is the vital commodity which controls the mainstream live of the majority people and has an important role in the national economy so that the management has to maximize in contributing the welfare and prosperity of the people.
- the oil and gas activities has an important role in giving the real value added to the growth and continuity of of the national economic.
- The Law No.44 Prp.Year 1960 concerning Oil and Gas, the Laws No. 15 Year 1962 concerning the stipulation of the Government Regulation of Replacing Law No.2 Year 1962 concerning the Obligation of the Oil Companies to fulfil the domestic needs and Law No. 8 Year 1971 concerning the State Oil and Gas Enterprise is no longer in accordance with the development of the oil and gas enterprise
- Whereas, by still considering the national as well as international development the changes of the laws regulations concerning the oil and gas mining which can establish oil and gas enterprise which is self standing, strong, transparent, having the competitive power, efficient, and having the environmental vision, and boost the potential development and national role.
- Based on the above considerations and in order to give the legal base for the renewal steps and redress the oil and gas performances the Law No. 22 Year 2001 had been formed.
- After having implemented since the Year 2001, we understand from our sources there is an amendment being proposed and discussed between the House Representative of the People ( DPR ) and the oil and gas Community.
Agung Supomo Suleiman
Partner Law Firm Suleiman Agung & Co
Law Firm’s Blog http://www.sacolaw.blogspot.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org